Effective Date: November 26, 2020
- Packages can be shipped to our US Warehouse by the following means:
- Any Postal Service
- Domestic or International Courier Service
- Hand or Personal Delivery
- Unless otherwise instructed with at least twenty-four (24) hours advanced notice of receiving the package, all packages may be shipped via air freight.
- All packages will be fully inspected and may be screened by an X-Ray Scanner.
- By signing up for an account with West Tech Shipping, you are authorizing us to act on your behalf to import, and if applicable, clear packages through Customs in the country of import.
- Shipping fees for air freight are based on the actual weight of the package and is rounded up to the nearest pound (lb). e.g. a 2.3lb package will attract a 3lb rate. The fees for any package with total dimensions (length + width + height) in inches greater than ninety (90) will based on the dimensional weight. Dimensional weight is calculated as (length x width x height, in inches) / 166.
- Shipping fees for sea freight are based on the actual size of the package which is measured in cubic feet. Cubic feet is calculated as (length x width x height, in inches) / 1728.
- If a package is confiscated or seized by a Government organization for any reason, you will still be held liable for the freight charges related to this package.
- Rental fees will be charged on sea freight packages which are not picked up after being available for five (5) business days.
METHOD OF SHIPMENT CHANGES
- In an effort to get your package to you as quickly as possible, we may at times change the originally quoted method of shipment (Sea Freight or Air Freight). When this is done, we will not adjust your freight charges. Your charges will remain the same as per the originally quoted method of shipment.
- If a refund is approved by the company, then this refund will be given as a credit on your account. The company does not issue cash refunds.
- All deposits and in-store order fees are non-refundable
LIABILITIES NOT ASSUMED
- The responsibility of West Tech Shipping begins when the packages are received at the US Warehouse. West Tech Shipping will not be held liable for packages that are lost, delayed or damaged while in transit to the US Warehouse.
- We are not liable for delays in delivery, damages of any kind (whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential) including but not limited to loss of income, loss of interest, loss of profit, loss of business opportunity, loss of use of contents, breach of other contracts, or any loss or damage arising from the inherent nature of the goods, whether or not we had knowledge that such damage might be incurred, even if the delay is our fault in retrieving the shipment, transporting the shipment, or delivering the shipment.
- We will not be liable for your acts or omissions, including but not limited to incorrect declaration of goods, improper or insufficient packaging or marking or addressing of the shipment, or for acts or omissions by the consignor or consignee or anyone else with an interest in the shipment.
- We will not be held liable for loss, damage, or delay caused by any events we cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, “force majeure”, or the action or omissions of any governmental or public authority (including but not limited to Customs or health officials), or omission by anyone outside of us. We reserve the right, without admitting liability, to refund shipping fees at our sole discretion, but are not obligated to do so.
- We will not be held liable for any damage to a package after the package has been paid for and has left our premises.
- We will not be held liable if your package is shipped to us with no account number, and as a result it ends up being collected by a different customer.
- In the event that West Tech Shipping agrees to replace the customers insured goods the Company’s liability will not exceed the product’s retail price at the time of purchase.
- We shall not accept any liability for damage to unwrapped/insufficiently packaged secondhand goods. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that goods sold or purchased are correctly protected or packed. The packaging must also be sufficient to protect the products weight and fragility. The item inside should be covered with sufficient padding to the extent that the item does not internally touch the edges of the box nor move inside the box. Any claim for damages resulting from goods that have not been packaged to an adequate standard will be declined.
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, DANGEROUS GOODS, AND RESTRICTED COMMODITIES
- Any packages or goods, which are considered by the Department of Transportation (DOT), the International Air Transportation Association (lATA), and/or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) as “restricted articles”, “hazardous material”, or “dangerous goods”, may be shipped as specially-designated “hazmat” cargo via air sea freight.
- We do not accept for shipment cash, currency, or other security instruments.
- The Company at all times reserves the right to refuse delivery of goods to any particular location where in the opinion of the Company, a danger or risk will be created by doing so resulting in injury, damage or loss of any kind whatsoever to the Company, employees or property.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse delivery to any location or site where such a delivery would be contrary to any laws in force.
- In the event of an error made by the Company regarding the issuance of an invoice to a Customer including but not limited to a pricing error the Company reserves the right to make such amendments as deemed necessary and the Customer shall be liable for that amended amount either in full, or in the event where the customer has already submitted payment, for the difference between the erroneous and amended invoice amount.
- Any package not picked up after being available for pickup for thirty (30) days will be considered abandoned and will automatically be put up for auction and sold to cover all costs. This includes packages which were paid for online and not picked up after thirty (30) days of the payment date.
- Packages will be insured automatically at a cost of $1 (USD $1 in St. Maarten) for up to a value of USD $100. If additional insurance is required it must be requested at least twenty-four (24) hours before the item arrives at our US Warehouse. For any amount above USD $100 the cost will be $1 (USD $1 in St. Maarten) for every additional USD $100 amount. The request can be made via email or it can be an acknowledged request to a staff member and a valid invoice for the item must be submitted with this request. If no insurance request is submitted in advance, the company will not be liable for lost, stolen, or damaged packages past the automatic insurance amount of USD $100.
Changes To This Terms & Conditions
We may update our Terms & Conditions from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Terms & Conditions on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “effective date” at the top of this Terms & Conditions.
You are advised to review this Terms & Conditions periodically for any changes. Changes to this Terms & Conditions are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Terms & Conditions, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com